Teen Dating Violence Resources
DID YOU KNOW….
- 8.9% of Delaware high school students have experienced physical dating violence.
- 10.4% of Delaware high school students have experienced sexual dating violence in the last year.
- Violent behavior typically begins between the ages of 12 and 18>
- 81% of parents believe teen dating violence is not an issue or admit they don’t know if it’s an issue.
- Half of youth who have been victims of both dating violence and rape attempt suicide, compared to 12.5% of non-abused girls and 5.4% of non-abused boys.
- One in three (36%) dating college students has given a dating partner their computer, email or social network passwords and these students are more likely to experience digital dating abuse.
(Sources: Delaware YRBS 2013 and loveisrespect.org)