Treatment Certification Documents | Evaluation of the Batterers’ Intervention Program (BIP) Full Report | Executive Summary – Batterers’ Intervention Program (BIP)
The Batterers’ Intervention Certification Panel (Panel) is a subcommittee of the Treatment Committee. The Panel is responsible for overseeing and ensuring that treatment programs meet all specified requirements of the Domestic Violence Intervention Standards prior to being added to the list of Certified Treatment Programs.
The Panel is made up of eleven members from designated agencies as prescribed by the Certification Rules and Procedures. The panelists include:
- a representative from three of the certified treatment programs;
- a victim advocate from an agency or organization that works directly with domestic violence victims;
- a representative from Family Court;
- the Attorney General’s office;
- Probation and Parole;
- Youth Rehabilitation Services;
- Office of Defense Services;
- Department of Correction’s Treatment Unit; and,
- a representative from Delaware Prevention and Behavioral Health Services with experience in adolescent development.
The Panel meets every March, and as needed, to review Certified Treatment Programs’ Annual Reports to ensure that programs remain in compliance with the Intervention Standards including compliance with all continuing education requirements for facilitators. The annual review process helps Delaware maintain high quality and streamlined treatment services statewide.
Online classes for court ordered domestic violence offender treatment are not approved by the Delaware Domestic Violence Coordinating Council.
There are currently three certified Treatment Programs in Delaware:
507 Philadelphia Pike
Wilmington, DE 19809
Phone: (302) 762-8989
Fax: (302) 762-8987
Peoples Place II
1129 Airport Road
Milford, DE 19963
Phone: (302) 424-2420
Fax: (302) 424-2402
Dover Air Force Base
Family Advocacy Program
300 Tuskegee Blvd.
Dover AFB, DE 19902